Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Salerno on the Origins of the Austrian School

In the acknowledgements at the beginning of my book, Foundations of Economics: A Christian View, I write the following:
It should be clear that my intellectual debts are from the Misesian tradition of Austrian economics and Reformed Protestant theology. My economic pedagogy relies heavily on Murray Rothbard’s Man, Economy, and State and the intellectual foundation laid by Carl Menger and Eugen von Böhm-Bawerk and built into a full edifice by Ludwig von Mises.
If you would like to know more about the origins of the Austrian School of economics, I recommend this lecture by Joseph T. Salerno. It was presented just a week ago at this summer's Mises University at the Ludwig von Mises Institute.

No comments:

Post a Comment