Thursday, March 14, 2013

Government Spending vs. Entrepreneurial Investment

Last month, I lectured in the Freedom Readers series for Grove City College's Center for Vision and Values. My lecture was entitled Government Spending Versus Entrepreneurial Investment and was based on an op-ed of mine that was published at Forbes.com last summer. The lecture was promoted with the following text: "Bow ties are cool. Capitalism is cool. Bow ties and capitalism are doubly cool."

My main point was that if we want to promote economic prosperity, entrepreneurial investment is vastly superior to government spending because government bureaucrats have neither the expertise nor the incentive to spend money productively while entrepreneurs do. You can watch the entire lecture along with questions and answers by clicking here. My lecture begin at the 6:34 mark, but to understand my opening remarks, you most likely will want to watch the introductions as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment